Back to Blog
Favorite Food Holidays in 2017
If you’re looking for a reason to celebrate with friends and food, you’ll find a lot of food holidays throughout the year. Some are national and well-recognized for all the popular foods served on that day… while others are not as well-known or observed. Check out the following list to find the perfect day to enjoy your favorite foods.
• January 4 – National Spaghetti Day – Who doesn’t love tasty Italian food and spaghetti is one of the most popular entrees. Of course, you can expand on that when you visit an Italian restaurant with pasta primavera or beef lasagna. But almost everyone starts out with spaghetti, so this is the day to celebrate one of our favorites.
• January 19 – National Popcorn Day – Another favorite, popcorn is great for a night at the movies or when you want to watch a movie at home, so celebrate today with movie night and a bag of buttery goodness.
• February 7 – National Fettuccine Alfredo Day – Cold days are best survived with a warm comfort food like this dish. You can even adjust it with meat and make it chicken Alfredo or try to create your own unique recipe.
• February 9 – National Pizza Day – You just can’t forget this staple of almost every household. When you don’t want to cook, pizza is the tasty, easy way to go. And with so many toppings, you can always find something you like.
• April 19 – National Garlic Day – Garlic goes with a lot of foods and adds delicious flavor. From pizza to pasta to meats, you can find a way to spice up all kinds of recipes with this food. For instance, try garlic hummus with pita bread.
• May – National Salad Month – You get an entire month to try out all of the salads and celebrate this healthy, flavorful food. From simple garden salads to pasta salad to salami salad… you’ll find something you like.
• June 4 – National Cheese Day – Just think of all the things you can do with cheese. International cheeses and local flavors will tantalize your taste buds. Everything goes better with cheese, and today is the day to try it.
If you want to try out one of these foods on their special day or any day of the year, stop by Farmer’s Pick Buffet®. We offer a large selection of foods, including our Italian station where you can enjoy pizza, pasta and more. All of our menu items are made with fresh local ingredients from the local farmer’s market. Come by anytime for lunch or dinner during the week or brunch on the weekends to enjoy fresh foods and delicious entrees.